Challenge Rules

Monday, April 1, 2013

Challenge #13: For Baby

Who doesn't love a baby?  And how fun to see what you create using SVG (or similar) files for a baby.  You can make a card, scrapbook layout, decor...anything related to the "Baby" theme.  We are so happy you've joined us and can't wait to see what you've created. 
FOR BABY

Prize for this challenge is a $5 Gift Certificate for SVG files
from the Creative Pointe's ON LINE STORE.
You'll find over 100 SVG files/sets available for all your paper crafting projects.
Winner will be randomly chosen from all submissions.

One extra special entry will receive the"Creative Choice" button.


Ready for some inspiration? Let's take a look at what the Design Team created using SVG diecuts. For detailed information and/or instructions, please click on their blog link.

Cindy from THE CREATIVE POINTE created these cards from three brand new SVG files:  SPECIAL DELIVERY STORKBABY BUGGY and RUBBER DUCKIE CARD.  She says:  " Pop over to my blog for individual card pictures and details.  Plus a great Baby Blog Candy giveaway!"


Pam from MZLAVR2's CREATIONS created a banner using a pattern from Girl Boy Girl designs, letters from Lettering Delight, card stock and ribbon from her stash.  From the ribbon she dangled the duckie, rattle, pin and bottle from the BABY SET, while the pacifier is up by the ribbon bow.


Shelissa from SHELISSA'S CRAFT STUDIO used the duck file from the BABY SET to create her card.  She says:  "I used paper from my stash that I picked up from Michaels craft store.  I embossed the brown piece of card stock using the Cuttlebug embossing folder "Spots & Dots Pois & points".  I used a blue satin ribbon that I picked up from Michaels and finally I placed a rhinestone for the Duck's eye."


Carolyn from GRANNY MA's CREATIVE BLOG created this baby girl mini album using various SVG files.  Below are the inside pages and details from Carolyn.  Be sure to check her blog for info on how to purchase this mini album kit.
Front Cover--The title is BABY HEADING from The Creative Pointe that I placed on the front of the cover.  I supply my own paper when needed, and the skirting is created from scrapbook paper that I downloaded, printed out and then cut.  Another section of skirting was cut out in white cardstock, and the band across the bassinet was cut out using another scrapbook paper from My Memories Suite.  I drew in stitches on the title, "Baby".
Page One--Using the same scrapbook paper from My Memories Suite I cut out to the size of bassinet/crib and then the top of the crib I placed a layer of similar polka-dot paper and placed a ribbon along the edge, dividing the section from the lacy edge. The three bears I found on a search of the Internet...actually one bear that I welded together in my Silhouette Studio DE software, and print and cut the piece along with a background and layered over the edging banner.

PageTwo-- I cut out two ladybugs which is a SVG cut file from http://www.misskatecuttables.com  and placed them on each end of the banner.  The layered title I printed and cut and placed in the center; and the paper is from Joann Fabrics that my granddaughter purchased for the scrapbook I am creating for her little girl, Isabella....so I used it in this mini-album as it's going to my granddaughter.

Page Three--The baby bottle is a SVG cut file that I created...actually the back ground of the bottle used on the back cover of this album.  The scalloped circle cut out wrong, but I liked it so will use it to put a picture in...using it as a frame.


Page Four-- It's actually plain right now....it will probably have photo mats and a mat for writing in information.  


Back Cover--Once again I found the design for the paper on the Internet, brought it into my software and printed it out to use as scrapbook paper/designer paper.  The bottle I created as a SVG cut file in SCAL3, and brought it over to Studio Design Edition to print and cut.  I found the scalloped circle and scalloped frame on My Memories Suite, created a SVG file from it, and will use to insert a photo of baby into.  The bottle can be used as is, or for journaling.



Octavia from T's CORNER FOR SCRAPPIN' took the BABY SET into the kitchen. Using fondant, SCAL, and her Cricut cake cutter, she created this cute duckie cake!


Victoria from PAPER SQUIRREL created this sweet card and says:  "Spring has sprung and it's the season of new life!  I had a lot of fun with the baby bottle SVG in The Creative Pointe's BABY SET.  As soon as I saw it, I knew exactly how I wanted to use it.  I wanted it to look as if little hearts were floating in the bottle.  Come visit my blog to see how I accomplished this and for all the details."

Tina from TINA'S SCRAP CORNER created a beautiful layout for baby.  She says:  "I’ve been working on a 1st year album for our Son and DIL and was able to come up with a great layout using the BABY HEADING file from The Creative Pointe, which added a perfect touch to the layout. To find out all the details of the layout you’ll have to head over to my blog at Tina’s Scrap Corner"












1 comment:

  1. Such fabulous inspiration from the design team! Everything looks so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete