Challenge Rules

Monday, December 2, 2013

Challenge #24: Christmas Cards


CHRISTMAS CARDS

If we receive at least 10 entries, the prize for this challenge will be a $5 Gift Certificate for SVG files from the Creative Pointe's ON LINE STORE.
You'll find over 140 SVG files/sets available for all your paper crafting projects.
If we have less than 10 entries, the winner will receive this SVG set  CHRISTMAS HEADINGS.  Winner will be randomly chosen from all submissions.

One extra special entry will receive the "Creative Choice" button.

Ready for some inspiration? Let's take a look at what the Design Team created using SVG diecuts.

Carolyn created two similarly spectacular cards using the Christmas Headings file.  She says:  "The top card features a sunburst technique - cut strips and layered on back piece. Once I finished the layering, placed on a black mat; then the mat on card was embossed using my Cuddlebug embossing folder - Dots.  The second card features I printed the song Joy to the World and layered on navy piece of cardstock for matting."  Get the details on Carolyn's blog:    Granny Ma's Creative Blog

Ruth made this super shaped card.  She says: "I'm sure that now that December is here it feels good to be getting lots done for Christmas. I certainly enjoyed creating a card from the Snowglobe file from The Creative Pointe! If you've never made a shaped card from a cutting file, you might want to check out how I chose to make my card over on my blog! I'm sure you have plenty of cards to make for Christmas, so use an SVG and join in the challenge! We'd love to see what you're creating!"  Ruth's blog:  Paper and Musings

Cindy put together an old fashioned looking card using the Holly file.  She says:  "I used the holly as the accent piece to my faux chalkboard sentiment.  I used lots of little tricks to pull this card (inspired from Pinterest) together.  Click over to my blog for the design details."  Cindy's blog:  The Creative Pointe

Shelissa created this fun frosty card.  She says:  "It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas, the temperature has dropped and the white snow has come down.  I used my  Pazzles Inspiration die cutting machine to cut out the Snowman Face file from The Creative Pointe and Snowflakes Overlay from the Pazzles craft room."  Check out the details on Shelissa's blog:  Shelissa"s Craft Studio

Octavia created this card which features beautiful banners.  She says:  "I used the Christmas Set. Cutting banners from various papers for my background, adding a few lights, and a bauble cut and embossed on the cuttlebug (used a soda can). Festive was the look I was going for."  Octavia's blog:  T's Corner For Scrappin'

Vicki created a gift card.  She says:  "I decided to start with family Christmas cards for this challenge and created this cool gift card holder for one of my nephews. It's a fantastic idea I gleaned from Cindy at The Creative Pointe. It's the perfect size for holding a gift card, but I typically give cash, and this works for that too!  I wanted this to be fairly masculine and mature enough looking for a 17-year-old. I chose The Creative Pointe's 'Christmas Bells' SVG file to cut a large jingle bell to adorn the front. Visit my blog for all the details...including my adaptation of the template for a pointy-flapped envelope."  Vicki's blog:  Paper Squirrel

Tina created a yummy shaped card using a file from the Gingerbread Set.  She says:  "I wanted to make a fun shaped card with this set and I used red glitter cardstock and sequins from my stash to add a little green to the card, this is a great cut and can be used for so many different ways. I also did the gingerbread Man too, now you’ll need to come over to my blog to see what I did with him. Happy Holidays to you all."  Tina's blog:  Tina's Scrap Corner
 

Carmen used the Poinsettia file to create this dimensional card.  She says:  "I went really simple with this card.  I think that the poinsettias speak for themselves.  Cindy’s Poinsettia file is beautiful and easy to work with.  I added a bit of Liquid Applique to the center and of course some shimmer mist to make them glitter just for Christmas."  Carmen's blog:  Carmen's Creations

PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU ENTER THE CHALLENGE:
Please make sure that you follow our very simple rules to enter this challenge.  
You MUST use a SVG or similiar electronic cutting file in your project.  CRICUT CARTRIDGE ONLY ENTRIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.  Please make sure that you mention somewhere in your post what part of your project was created with a cutting file.  Entries that do not fit this basic requirement will be deleted.


Please see "Challenge Rules" tab for more info...





No comments:

Post a Comment